There are three opportunities for us to gather each week… Sunday morning’s Worship Service, Sunday’s RE Family Check-in and Wednesday’s LunchTime for All Ages.
Sunday Morning Worship | 10am
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/430798926?pwd=RE9LSFZxZUNDQW11MVV1NnlWQXIwQT09
Meeting ID: 430 798 926
Phone number (for audio only): 646 558 8656
Sunday RE Family Check-in | Following the service
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/92535050793?pwd=WVhjWk8yR3FxeWREMmNKcC84dm9xdz09
Meeting ID: 925 3505 0793
Wednesday LUNCHTIME for All Ages | 12pm
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/394784743
Meeting ID: 394 784 743
Here are some ideas and activities for nurturing your own spirit and for engaging with the larger Spirit.
- Have you caught my “Weekly Grace“ in the Monday Parish News? If not, I’m collecting them all for you! Click the link!
- Are you getting out in nature or wanting to get out in nature? Make it intentional with a nature journal. I’ve included one we’ve used in our house – and you can make your own! Creation is a marvelous thing! Go out and celebrate it!
- Praying And Coloring – this is such a great activity to do quietly, with others in your family. Your finished work can be kept and held dear or sent to someone you love.
- Our buildings are closed and we cannot gather in our familiar sanctuary. You can create your own home sanctuary! Here are some design tips and “Soul Matters” materials for engaging with and within your sacred space.
I’ve taken our curriculum and tried to build a program that can be done at home, in your own time. That said, if a group of us find something so good that we just want to talk more about it, we’ll schedule some Zoom meetings – or gather in the rainbow chairs at the church for a good chat…
- “Harry Potter and the Sacred Stories“ – an AMAZING podcast series that uses Harry Potter AS sacred text! HARRY POTTER FANS, YOU’LL LOVE THIS! Take it book by book! There are “trailers” on the VRE website! (Parents, preview – I haven’t listened to all of them… yet!)
- How about “D’oh, God“? The Simpsons cartoon is an unusual (and unusually cheeky) place to find religious content; but it’s there. Watch an episode and use the notes for discussion! (definitely for slightly older kids – parents, use discretion)
COMING SOON to VRE
- Neighboring Faiths curriculum – this spring, we were set to learn about the Abrahamic faiths… Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Learn about the roots (Abraham & Sons) and “attend” worship services virtually. Curriculum almost complete.
- Spirit Play Stories – we’ve got the stories… I’m going through them and finding ways for you to collect items in your homes to use as props; like we did in class.
THESE ARE A FEW OF OUR FAVORITE THINGS
- Going for walks with my kids and dogs (or dogs and kids)
- Word Connect game on my Kindle
- Family movie marathons (Harry Potter, check! Hobbit/LoTR, check! Now, all Marvel movies in chronological order)
- Book: Kindness and Wonder by Gavin Edwards – a book about… wait for it… Mr. Rogers!!
- Song: Sunshine on my Shoulders, John Denver (and anything that Emma is doodling around with in her room)
- Color: spring green (not sure what that is? look out your window)
- Surprise: the wild turkey that hung out on our deck rail for 20 minutes, then flew to the roof or our sunporch!
- Let me know what your favorite things are! We’ll share others’ lists here, too!