It’s officially Fall. What’s happening this month…? October’s RE theme is Why We Need Each Other, which closely relates to the worship theme, Meaning and Mortality. We are drawn to pause for a moment to reflect on what each means to us and the reasons behind why things happen.
As we welcome chillier weather and watch trees let go of their leaves, we will spend some much needed time outside where we’ll learn more about nature and embrace the crisp air, crunchy leaves, apples grown by neighbors. We will join together as a community to support our friends in need and remember those we’ve lost. We welcome new & old friends to our upcoming activities. We hope you join us in October.
It’s not too late! Please register your kids for RE programs (no matter what age 0-18)! It only takes a minute & needs to be done annually. Remember: it will help us keep your kids safe. Register HERE.
October Highlights include:
- Sunday, October 1 at 10am – Nature Exploration (start in Sanctuary). Nursery available as usual. After a Time for All Ages, we will go on a nature walk. Please make sure everyone is dressed to be outside.
- Sunday, October 1 at 7pm – Youth Group Meeting in the Garrison Room. All teens are welcome! We’re planning a Haunted House (watch for a date)! Snacks will be provided. Later meetings TBA.
- Sunday, October 8 – Indigenous Peoples’ Weekend. No RE or Nursery care. There will be activity packets available for children who attend church today. We have resources available for children & families to learn more and recognize this significant holiday; books and recommended online resources available.
- Sunday, October 15 at 9:45am – Community Food Drive at Donelan’s Market. Children K+ may be dropped off at the grocery store in Lincoln to help run the annual food drive (Look for the FP table & adults). Afterward, we will take food to the pantry across the street. Pick up at the Food Pantry (142 Lincoln Rd- across the street) at 11:30am.
- Sunday, October 22 at 10am – Apple Picking (start in the Sanctuary). Nursery care available. After a Time for All Ages, children K+ will walk up to the Gertz property to pick apples & learn more about this amazing fruit. Pick up on the playground.
- Sunday, October 29 at 10am – All Souls/ Halloween celebration. Kids K+ will gather in the Parish House today to talk about those we’ve lost & create memory boxes. All are invited to bring photos of a person or pet who has died and wear a costume. Afterward, we will all gather down the hill for a costume parade!
- Sunday, October 29 from 11am – 4pm – Fall Fest! Meet at Pierce Park for fun, games, & treats! Look for the FPL folks for Trunk or Treat!
*Look out for details and date for our FPL Haunted House!!