THE 2022 LENTEN BOOKLET
From The Deacons
Christmas and New Year’s Eve are behind us, and a new year with Covid and its complexities has begun – but in our Parish’s reassuring yearly cycle, it’s time to think about the 2022 Lenten Booklet, whose topic will be “A Long Time Coming.”
Note: Your thoughts can be in prose, in poetry, or in a picture or a drawing.
Here’s a list of possible thought-starters:
- What is something that you waited a long time for?
- What made it important to you ? On a scale of 1 to 10, how important was it?
- What were things like, if it eventually happened? How did your life change, if it did? For how long? What happened next?
- What did you learn about yourself while you were waiting?
- What did you learn about yourself after it happened?
- What is something that you’ve waited a long time for that hasn’t happened even now?
- What is something that didn’t happen, period ? What did you learn about yourself then?
Three hundred words or fewer please. All entries must be received by Silvia Diekow in the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 6218, Lincoln MA 01773) no later than Monday, January 31st. This will give us time to compile them, have them printed, sorted, addressed, stamped and mailed to everyone for arrival before Ash Wednesday.
Thank you all very much,
Katy Green Hogue
for the Deacons