This Moment in Our History
The First Parish in Lincoln, formed by the union of two neighboring churches (Congregational and Unitarian) in 1942, enjoys a long history intertwined with the history of the town itself. At this moment, we are poised to welcome a new settled minister and eager to move into our next chapter of impact and growth. We yearn to deepen our connection to our local communities and expand our reach to serve more diverse communities.
The relatively brief tenure of our last settled minister, combined with events in our community and the wider world, have catalyzed self-reflection and a renewed sense of purpose and engagement. During the four-year Interim Ministry of the Reverend Jenny Rankin (extended due to COVID), a lay-led Transition Team has facilitated an exploration and restatement of our Values, Mission & Vision. The Racial Justice Advocates are now facilitating a year-long Racial Justice Journey for our whole congregation, and our FPL Green Committee has been engaging our parishioners in projects to address climate change. A recently formed Strategic Planning Committee is facilitating the development of a long range Strategic Plan.
COVID brought us the opportunity to innovate and in many ways brought us closer together as a community; Zoom services widened our community by drawing former members back to our worship services and other events. We look forward to welcoming a new minister who can encourage and lead our continued learning, growth and impact. For this search, we have adopted the symbol of a nautilus to reflect our commitment to renewal. Read more about the nautilus here.